Dr. Rajinder Singh joined as the 16th Principal of the College on 01 May, 2015. A Gold Medalist in M.Sc. Physics, he completed his M. Phil. and Ph.D. from Kurukshetra University. Dr. Singh joined S.D. College as Lecturer in Electronics in 1987.
During his vast teaching experience of 28 years, he has been a key-player in the growth and development of the college. 21 Faculty Development Workshops, 24 Workshops for UG students and 12 Workshops for PG students were organized under his guidance. He coordinated the automation of the college office, house examinations, library and the language lab and was instrumental in the Installation of EPABX System, 200 KVA Transformer, and 200 KVA Captive Power Plant. As Coordinator UGC Committee he prepared various proposals for the XI and XII Plan. Under his able guidance as Convener, NAAC Co-ordination Committee, the college was accredited for the first time with B++ Grade by NAAC.
Dr. Singh also remained NSS Program Officer and Dean Cultural Affairs during which time 1436 units of blood was collected besides innovative NSS activities and our college maintained the glorious tradition of being the champions in Zonal Youth Festivals.
He holds key positions in various academic & social bodies and his achievements include-
- President, Sports Council, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Member Court, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra (2017-19)
- Nominated by Vice Chancellor as a member of team of Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra to present 7th Pay Review Committee of UGC at Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Nominated by Vice Chancellor as member of Appellate Committee, KUK
- Nominated by DC as Executive Member, District Red Cross Society
- Member, Board of UG Studies in Electronics Science, KUK (2012-14)
- Syllabi Draft Committee and Selection Committees, KUK
- Presented and published numerous Research papers in National and International Journals.
- Organized and participated in various National & State level Electronic Science Conventions
- Member, Indian Society of Radiation Biology
- Member, Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA),
- Member, Haryana Electronics Teachers’ Association.
- Member, Indian Society for Technical Education and Vigyan Bharti, Haryana.
- Edited four books
Dr. Singh possesses an affable personality, a positive attitude and is an academically oriented administrator. His analytical approach, quick decision-making and transparent working is likely to steer the institution into a higher orbit of excellence.