Activities organized in Session 2017-18
|S.No||Date of activity||Name of activity||Participants|
|1||July 24-31, 2017||Enrollment Drive got enrolled||300|
|2||August 02, 2017||Oath Taking of Swachhta Pakhwada||300|
|3||August 03-05, 2017||Campus Cleanliness Drive||226|
|·4||August 06, 2017||One Day Camp (College Campus)||300|
|5||August 08, 2017||One Day Camp at Naggal Village||146|
|6||August 09, 2017||Door to door Cleanliness Campaign ( Naggal Village)||146|
|7||August 11, 2017||Visit to S.D.Institute for Blind, Ambala Cantt||66|
|8||August 12, 2017||Cleanliness Drive, Bus Stand (Ambala Cantt)||75|
|9||August 13, 2017||‘One Day Camp’ (Cleanliness of Campus and Poster Making Contest)||250|
|10||August 14, 2017||Dissemination of Lunch and Dinner to the patients of
Civil Hospital, Ambala Cantt
|11||August 14, 2017||Rally on ‘Cleanliness’ at Naggal Village and nearby market areas.||135|
|12||August 15, 2017||Independence Day Celebration||233|
|13||September 18, 2017||One day workshop on “Disaster Management”
by Mr.Jatinder Singh, Department of
|14||September 20,2017||Blood Donation Camp at Saha Volunteers||5|
|15||September 21,2017||One Day Camp in the college campus||232|
|16||September 22,2017||Selection for Pre RD Parade, KUK Priyanka B.A (EngHons)-III, Nikita B.A (Eng Hons)-III
Vipin B.Sc (Biotech)-III got selected
|17||September 30,2017||Inter College Essay Writing Competition at DAV College, Karnal Shobha B.Com(Gen)-III got Third position|
|18||October 08,2017||Oath Taking and Badge Ceremony||100|
|19||October 09,2017||Rally on “Rakt Daan Karke Dekho, Achha Lagta Hai” at College, Naggal Village 100 and Nearby areas|
|20||October 10,2017||Anti-cracker and Pollution Free Diwali (Rally) at College, Market
|21||October 11,2017||Poster Making and Slogan Writing Competition on Blood Donation and Social
Winners:Issues Rakshita B.Com (Gen) III, Suman B.Com (Gen) III and Pooja B.Com (Gen) II
|22||October 12,2017||Documentary Film Viewing on HIV/ AIDS Awareness||80|
|23||October 13,2017||Mini Blood Donation Camp ( 75 Units) at S.D.College, Ambala Cantt||150|
|24||October 14,2017||Distribution of Pamphlets and Survey on AIDS in Village Naggal||40|
|25||October 27,2017||Earthquake Safety Week, Rally in Ambala Markets||90|
|26||October 31,2017||National Unity Day Oath Taking and Celebration||100|
|27||January 22-28,2018||NSS Seven Day Camp||117|
|28||January 23,2018||First Aid Training by District Disaster Management Authority,
|29||January 24,2018||Socio Economic, Aids Awareness, Swachhta Surveys were Conducted at Village Naggal||117|
|30||January 25,2018||Soil and Water Sample Collection and Report Generation||50|
|31||January 26,2018||Celebration, Nukkad Natak and Rally on Republic Day||117|
|32||January 27,2018||Tree Plantation in collaboration with DFO 200 Saplings||200|
|33||January 28,2018||Workshop by NGO Zila Yuva Vikas Sanghthan (Ambala City) on Women||117|
|34||Feb 27-March 5,2018||National level NSS camp at Govt. College, Chacharoli, Yamuna Nagar Saplings||2|
|35||March 09,2018||Mega Blood Donation Camp in collaboration with PGI, Chandigarh Saplings||30|
Extension Lectures organised by National Service Scheme (NSS):
|1||04.08.17||Solid Waste Segregation in Ambala S||uryakant, OYE Ambala, Mumbai|
|2||06.08.17||How to Achieve Excellence in Life||Dr.Anil Jain, Alumni SD College, Ambala Cantt|
|3||10.08.17||Problems and Solutions Related to Waste Segregation in Ambala.||Suryakant, OYE Ambala, Mumbai|
|·4||13.08.17||Essentials of Cleanliness and Collaboration Steps to Achieve Success||Mr.R.K. Sharma, President Rotary Club, Ambala|
|5||15.08.17||Swachhta Initiative taken in Past and Present on 15th August||Dr. U.V. Singh & Dr. A.K.
Sharma, Former Professor & Rajeev Chander Sharma,
|6||14.10.17||Blood Donation and its Positive Effects||Dr. Verinder Bharti, Civil Hospital, Ambala Cantt|
|7||22.01.18||Current Scenario of Unemployment and Illiteracy||Dr.Bikram Singh Rana, SLO NSS, Chandigarh|
|8||24.01.18||Future of NSS and Motivational Talk||Dr. HaroopVirk, Dr. Alka Sharma, Dr. Ramesh Madaan|
|9||25.01.18||Roti Bank an NGO Origin and Functions||Mr. Vinay Mehta, Roti Bank, General Secretary|
|10||25.01.18||Awareness about Traffic Rules and Laws||SHO , Ajaib Singh, Mahesh Nagar|
|11||26.01.18||Motivational Talk||Dr. Balesh, Dr.Prem, Dr.Pankaj|
|12||26.01.18||Motivational Talk||Mr. Ravinder Singh, BEO, Ambala|
|13||27.01.18||Motivational Talk||Dr. Joginder|
|14||28.01.18||Information NSS Activities in Haryana||Dr. Dinesh Singh Rana, Coordinator NSS, KUK|
|Kartik Bhatnagar||Namdeep Singh||Prakriti Gauri||Kartik Bhatnagar|
|Commander (Boys’)||Deputy Commander (Boys’)||Commander (Girls’)||Deputy Commander (Girls’)|
|B.A. III||B.Sc. (NM) III||B.Com. (OMSP) III||B.Sc. (NM) III|
The college is rendering selfless service to the society not only through academics but also by providing a platform to the students to participate in community service. The NSS volunteers are doing a herculean task under the able guidance of Programme Officers Dr Nirvair Singh, Mr Tajinder Singh and Ms Zeenat Madan. The three NSS units comprising of 300 volunteers have done justice to the motto ‘Not Me, But You.’ The volunteers try to sensitize the society by performing street plays, skits on current and burning issues of the society and also by organizing various socially relevant programmes like Adult Education and Literacy Campaigns, Anti-corruption campaigns, Drug De-Addiction and Prevention Camps, Rallies, Community Services, AIDS Awareness and Prevention Camps, Environment Awareness Camps, Blood Donation Camps, Free Medical Check-up and Health Camps in an effort to alleviate the ills of the society. The NSS volunteers are also provided with an opportunity to participate in National Integration, Adventure, Youth Leadership and Training Camps and One Day Camps held in and around the campus. Various other programmes for the all round development of the students are organized from time to time. Highlights of various regular and camping activities:
1. Swachh Bharat Summer Internship (SBSI) program was held at Village Rollon from July 01-15, 2018. 77 NSS volunteers participated in this internship. The internship program included Rally, Nukkad Natak, Cleanliness Drive, Survey, Guest Lectures and various competitions for the students.
2. The Swachh Bharat Pakhwada was observed from August 01-15, 2018. 80 NSS volunteers actively participated in the Swachhta Rally, Cleanliness Drives in and outside the college campus, Plantation Drive and rural upliftment programs.
3. A One Day NSS Camp was held in the college campus on 5th August, 2018. 85 NSS volunteers participated in the Awareness Rally, Tree Plantation, Cleanliness of the Campus and Installation of Dustbins.
4. A One Day NSS Camp was held in the Central Grain Market, Village Morha on 27th August, 2018. 103 NSS volunteers participated in this camp.
5. The ASER Survey was conducted in District Ambala from September 14-19,2018. 60 NSS volunteers carried out the survey.
6. The Oath Taking Ceremony of the NSS volunteers was held on 20th September, 2018 in the Seminar Hall of the college. 150 NSS volunteers joined the Oath Taking Ceremony and 14 NSS volunteers were inducted as the office bearers.
7. The NSS Day was celebrated on 24th September, 2018. 5 active volunteers participated in the events at Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
8. The NSS Unit of our college was conferred with the best NSS Unit in the State Level Award Function held at Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
9. A Mega Blood Donation Camp was organized by the NSS unit of the college in collaboration with PGI,. Chandigarh in the college auditorium on 24th September 2018. 110 volunteers actively participated in the camp.
10. Namdeep Singh, Deputy Commander of the NSS Unit volunteered by aiding a blind student in his examination in the DRM office on 29th October, 2018.
11. The first round of the Road Safety Quiz was conducted by the Haryana Police at the Farooka Khalsa School, Ambala Cantt on 13th November, 2018. 5 NSS volunteers participated in the quiz.
12. NSS volunteers attended a seminar and a Training Programme on World Aids Day on 1st December, 2019 at Community Centre, Sec. 10, Ambala City.
13. The final round of the Road Safety Quiz was conducted by the Haryana Police at the Police DAV, School, Ambala City on 18th December, 2018. NSS volunteers participated in the quiz.
14. The Road Safety Rally in collaboration with the Sunny Ahluwalia Charitable Foundation took place on 21st December, 2018 in Ambala City. 30 NSS volunteers led the rally successfully.
15. 7 Day and Night NSS Camp was held at village Rollon, Ambala Cantt from 26th December, 2018 to 1st January, 2019. 95 NSS volunteers actively participated in the awareness programs like Rally, Nukkad Naatak, Surveys, Door-to-Door interaction. Cleanliness and Plantation Drives were conducted in the village.
16. The National Voter’s Day Celebration in the Police Line Auditorium, Ambala City was on 25th January, 2019. 10 NSS volunteers performed a Nukkad Natak making the people aware about the importance of Voter I D Cards.
17. 20 NSS volunteers marched in the Republic Day Parade on 26th January, 2019. The parade was held in the college ground.
18. NSS volunteers have been regularly giving their services in the Roti Bank at Civil Hospital, Ambala Cantt since January 2019.
19. The Shehri Samridhi Utsav was celebrated on 6th February, 2019 at Apna Ghar, Ambala Cantt. 5 NSS volunteers surveyed the people of Apna Ghar, under the supervision of the Municipal Corporation of Ambala.
20. The Sunny Ahluwalia Charitable Foundation organized a Prize Distribution Ceremony on 7th February, 2019 at P.K.R. Jain College, Ambala City. 11 NSS volunteers managed the event and were also honored with medals. The principal of our college, Dr. Rajinder Singh was also honored.
21. Shradhanjali Sabha was organized on 15th February, 2019 at Shaheedi Samarak, S.D. College, Ambala Cantt by all NSS volunteers to commemorate and pay homage to the martyred soldiers of Pulwama Blast.
22. Cleanliness Drive of NSS Office and other nearby areas was carried on 24th February, 2018.
23. 10 NSS volunteers performed a Nukkad Natak in the Saras Mela held at Gandhi Ground, Ambala Cantt on 27th February, 2019.
24. 3 NSS Volunteers of the college participated in the Inter-College Quiz Competition held at Chandigarh on 2nd March, 2019.
25. A One Day NSS Camp was organized in the college campus on 3rd March, 2019. Awareness Rally, Cleanliness Drives, Sanitation Programs and Plantation Drives were organized under the theme “Swachhta hi Sewa hai”. 100 volunteers participated in this camp. A Socio-Economic Survey of the Artisans and Stall owners was conducted in Saras Mela held at Gandhi ground, Ambala Cantt.
26. A motivational lecture by H.K. Bhardwaj, Director, NGO “Paryavaran, Paani and Policing” was organized on the topic “Water Conservation Practices” on 6th March, 2019.
27. An extension lecture by Dr. R.P. Malyevar, Former Head, Department of Zoology, KUK and Dr. Mani Ram, Former Head, Department of Zoology, G.M.N. College, Ambala Cantt was organized on the topic “Environmental Issues” on 7th March, 2019.
28. To preserve and upkeep of the Memorials, Cleanliness Drive of the Historical Memorials of Ambala was carried out by the NSS volunteers on 8th March, 2019.
29. Skit on “Women Empowerment” was performed by NSS volunteers on 9th March, 2019 on the occasion of Women’s Day.
30. The NSS volunteers rendered their selfless service for Pulse Polio Programme on 10th March, 2019.
31. Waste Segregation Campaign under the theme “My Waste, My Responsibility” was organized in the college campus on 13th March, 2019. 25 NSS volunteers participated in the campaign. Segregation of Waste was done and 30 colour coded dustbins were installed in the campus.
32. Extension lecture by Dr. K.S. Khera, Prof., Department of Zoology, PAU Ludhiana, on “Uniqueness of Indian Wildlife and its Conservation” was organized on 14th March, 2019.
33. Hemoglobin and Blood Group Testing Camp for girl students of the College was organized on 26th March, 2019.
34. A Mini Blood Donation was organised on March 28, 2019 in collaboration with Lions Club, Ambala.
NSS Programme Officers:
Prof Tejinder Singh, #8607577999
Dr Nirvair Singh, #98132-84300
Prof Zeenat Madan, #9541456565
|1.||4/08/17||Solid Waste Segregation in Ambala||Suryakant, OYE Ambala, Mumbai|
|2.||6/08/17||How to Achieve Excellence in Life||Dr.Anil Jain, Alumni SD College, Ambala Cantt|
|3.||10/08/17||Problems and Solutions related to Waste Segregation in Ambala.||Suryakant, OYE Ambala, Mumbai|
|4.||13/08/17||Essentials of Cleanliness and Collaboration steps to achieve success||Mr. R.K. Sharma, President Rotary Club, Ambala|
|5.||15/08/17||Swachhta Initiative taken in past and present on 15th August||Dr. U.V. Singh & Dr. A.K. Sharma, Former Professor& Rajeev Chander Sharma, HOD Commerce, S.D.College.|
|6.||14/10/17||Blood Donation and its Positive Effects||Dr. Verinder Bharti, Civil Hospital, Ambala Cantt|
|7.||22/01/18||Current Scenario of Unemployment and Illiteracy||Dr.Bikram Singh Rana, SLO, NSS, Chandigarh|
|8.||24/01/18||Future of NSS and Motivational Talk||Dr. HaroopVirk, Dr. AlkaSharma, Dr. RameshMadaan|
|9.||25/01/18||Roti Bank an NGO Origin and Functions||Mr. Vinay Mehta, Roti Bank, General Secretary|
|10.||25/01/18||Awareness about Traffic Rules and Laws||SHO , Ajaib Singh, Mahesh Nagar|
|11.||26/01/18||Motivational Talk||Dr. Balesh, Dr.Prem, Dr.Pankaj|
|12.||26/01/18||Motivational Talk||Mr. Ravinder Singh, BEO, Ambala.|
|13.||27/01/18||Motivational Talk||Dr. Joginder|
|14.||28/01/18||Information on NSS Activities in Haryana||Dr. Dinesh Singh Rana, Coordinator NSS, KUK|
- Mr Pankaj Verma
- Dr Harvinder Kaur
- Dr Joginder Rohilla
Details of Guest Lectures:
|S. No||Date||Topic||Resource Person|
|1.||Jan.08, 2017||Motivational Lecture||Dr. U.V. Singh (Former HoD, History Dept. S D College, Ambala Cantt.)|
|2.||Jan.08, 2017||Women Empowerment||Dr. A. K. Sharma (Dept. of Commerce, S D College, Ambala Cantt.)|
|3.||Jan.09, 2017||Importance of NSS in Our Life||Dr. Desh Bandhu (Former Principal
S D College, Ambala Cantt.)
|4.||Jan.09, 2017||About Sanatan Dharma||Dr. Balesh Kumar (Librarian, S D College, Ambala Cantt.)|
|5.||Jan.10, 2017||Environment Conservation||Dr. Sumit Chhiber (Asst. Prof. Dept. of Botany, S D College, Ambala Cantt.)|
|6.||Jan.10, 2017||Meaning of NSS||Dr. N. K. Sharma (Former Head, Dept. of Hindi, S D College, Ambala Cantt.)|
|7.||Jan.10, 2017||Communication Skills||Dr. Sonika Sethi (Asst. Prof., English Dept., S D College, Ambala Cantt)|
|8.||Jan.10, 2017||Cashless India||Ms. Gurpreet and Ms. Swati (P.O. in Bank of Baroda, Ambala Cantt.)|
|9.||Jan.11, 2017||Motivational Talk||Dr. Sushil Kansal (HoD Dept. of English, S D College, Ambala Cantt.)|
|10.||Jan.11, 2017||Tree Plantation||Mr. Rajinder Vij (Social Worker, Ambala Cantt.)|
|11.||Jan.11, 2017||First Aid Training||Mr. Manoj and Mr.Harmesh (Trainers Red Cross)|