The students of the college are actively engaged in various outreach and extension activities in collaboration with a number of social organizations like Rotaract Club, Rotary Club, Lions Club and Jaycees Chapters.
Major Extension Activities carried out by the college in collaboration with NGOs are as follows:
- First-Aid Training Camp (Distt. Red Cross Society, Ambala)
- Traffic Awareness Camp (Police Department, Ambala)
- Pulse Polio Camp (Rotary Club, Ambala)
- Polio Corrective Surgery Camp (Rotary Club, Ambala)
- Cancer Detection Camp (Rotary & Inner Wheel, Ambala)
- Eye Camp (Madhav Netar Kendra, Nagpur)
- Eye Camp (Sarv Kalyan Eye Charitable Society, Ambala)
- General Medical Camp (Lions Club, Ambala)
- AIDS Awareness Camp (Rotary Club, Ambala)
- Dental Camp (Dainik Bhaskar, Ambala)
- and Blood Group Camp (Inner Wheel Club, Ambala)
- Drug De-addiction Camp (Rotaract Club, Ambala)
- Female Foeticide Camp (Inner Wheel Club, Ambala)
- Evaluation of Primary Education (Pratham, Delhi)
- Workshop on Palliative Care (“Sneh-Sparsh” Project of Rotary Club of Ambala)
Also, the staff & students of the college are actively involved in the following outreach activities:
- The NSS Units of the college are actively involved in community networking. Almost all of their activities and programmes throughout the session focus on socially relevant issues.
- Their intensive participation in such programmes inculcates in them a spirit of good citizenship, service orientation and helps in the holistic development of their personality. Similarly, the NCC Units of the college are ever ready to play an active role in community service as and when required.
Some of the activities and programs attended by students, which have contributed to good citizenship, service orientation and holistic development of students are listed below:
- The faculty and students of the Biology Sciences visit local farmers and guide them about the newly released seed varieties of crops, optimum use of fertilizers and pesticides. Farmers are encouraged to use bio-fertilizers and bio-pesticides. They are also counseled on issues like water conservation, composting and vermi-composting.
- The students of Environment Awareness Club organize Green drives and sensitize the society about social issues like conservation of water, electricity, segregation of waste, cleanliness etc.
- Staff and students organize “Green Drives” and plant saplings in and around the campus.
- Staff and students organize “Cleanliness Drives” in and around the campus.
- Awareness rallies on social causes like National Cycle Rally on “Save Water, Save Earth”, “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao”, “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan”, “Say No to Polythene”, “AIDS Awareness” etc. are organized by the staff and students.
- Festivals like Diwali, Holi etc. are celebrated with the old in Old Age homes.
- Emergency donations are collected during natural calamities like Uttrakhand Flood and personal tragedies of students and staff.
- Voluntary Blood donation camps are organized to aid the society. Staff and students of the college also make emergency blood donations whenever required.
- Various days like Gandhi Jayanti, Sadbhavna Diwas, Ekta Diwas, National Voter’s Day, Women’s Day etc. are celebrated.
- Books, clothes, blankets and food material is donated by students and staff to old age homes and orphanages.
- Cancer Awareness Seminar was organized along with Rotary Club, Ambala in which students of the college participated.
- Nutrition and hygiene alert rally was organized in Ambala slum areas by students.