- About CGC
- Activities 2019-2020
- Activities 2017-2018
- Previous Year Activities
- News Letters
- Higher Education and Career Opportunities
The cut throat competition at all levels in the job market demands a support system that enables the students of an institution not only the attainment of academic excellence but to find a comfortable placement in life.
CGC of S.D College plays a crucial role in guiding the students to various openings suitable to their competency, economic resources and personal choices. Since the student intake is from different social, economic and academic backgrounds, the students require a well planned and organized career counselling at the institutional level for their career progression.
We facilitate students for goal settings, positive interaction, multiple intelligence, self awareness, IQ, EQ, leadership qualities, inter personal and intra personal relationships. We motivate and encourage students for interaction, articulation and exploration. We engage students in activities to realise their interest areas, aspirations and pursue them as a career.
Career Guidance Cell (CGC) of the college is a dynamic body functioning to provide wholesome development to the students. The cell works under the guidance of CGC officers who are seasoned academicians and professionals. The Principal and all faculty members extend their wholehearted support to the functioning of the unit.
Lets Know CGC ….
What do we do ….
Bridging the Gap between Education & Employment
Salient Features :
Convener: Dr Alka Sharma
|S No||Date||Name of Activity||Resource Persons|
|1.||July 17-19,2019||Orientation Programme
(Personality Development, Life Skills, About the college)
|Mr. Narender Aggarwal, trainer, Gurukul Drona,
Ludhiana & Dr. Harish, Child Psychologist,
Chandigarh & Faculty Members
|2.||Aug 18, 2018||Regular Classes of Personality Development Course||Mr. Narender Aggarwal, Ms. Jyoti Sharma
Ms. Sahiba, Ms. Pushpinder
|3.||July, 2018||Regular Classes on ” Soft Skills & Spoken English Training”||Trainers from LEAP Skills, New Delhi|
|4.||Aug 09,2018||Lecture on “Career in Indian Defense Services as an Officer”||Mr. Manoj Kaushik, Kaithal|
|5.||Sep 17-18,2019||Lecture on ” Career Opportunities for Biology Students”||Ms. Zeenat Madan, Asst Prof in Zoology, S.D.
College, Ambala Cantt.
|6.||Sep 27-28,2019||Lecture on ” Career Opportunities & Job Options”||Ms. Ruchi, Asst Prof in Computer Science,
S.D. College, Ambala Cantt.
|7.||Oct 04,2018||Lecture on ” Career Opportunities & Job Options”||Ms. Arti, Asst Prof in Economics, S.D. College,
|8.||Oct 12,2018||Workshop on ” PHP”||Mr. Vir Singh, Silex Soft Solutions|
|9.||Dec 10-15,2018||Workshop on ” Personality Development”||Mr. Narender Aggarwal, Dr. Rajeev Chander,
Dr. Alka, Dr.Satbir, Ms. Ekta, Ms. Rashmi
|10.||Feb 11.2019||Seminar on ” Interview Skills & Spoken English”||Mr. Gulzar Mehta, Trainer, Speak English
|11.||March 7, 2019||Workshop on “Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Counselling”||Trainers from NSDL Skill Saathi Scheme|
|12.||March 10,2019||Workshop on ” Requirement of Media”||Mr. Gagandeep Chauhan , Chandigarh|
|13.||March 13,2019||Extension Lecture on “Linux”||Dr. Pardeep Mittal, Dept of Computer
|14.||March 7,2019||Seminar on ” Career in Banking”||Trainers from IBS, Chandigarh+|
|15.||March 19,2019||Seminar on ” Self Dependence and Education”||AIESEC|
Value added courses being run by Career Guidance Cell of the college:
1. Public speaking and Presentation Skills Certificate Course – 30 hrs
2. Impromptu Speaking and Stage Management Certificate Course – 30 hrs
3. Video Reporting, Radio Jockeying and Voice Editing Certificate Course – 40 hrs
4. Resume Writing, Interview Skills, Group Discussion, Certificate Course – 30 hrs
5. Newsroom Operational Certificate Course – 30 hrs
6. Power Point Presentation Skills Certificate Course – 30 hrs
7. Web Designing using PHP, SQL and Wood Press 40 hrs
8. A one week workshops for administration staff on ‘Computer Skills’ from Dec. 01-07, 2018 was organized by Career Guidance Cell.
Seminars/Guest Lectures/Motivational Talk
1) Lecture on Career Opportunities & Job Options by Ms. Heena, Asst. Prof., SD College, Ambala Cantt on 03.02.18, 17.02.18 & 19.02.18 .
2) Lecture on Career Opportunities by Ms. Harleen Kaur, Asst. Prof, S.D. College, Ambala Cantt on 08.02.18 & 13.02.18 for students of B.Sc. IT.
3) Lecture on Career Opportunities by Ms. Arti, Asst. Prof., SD College, Ambala Cantt on 13.09.17 & 09.01.18 for students of B.A I.
4) Lecture on 'Career Opportunities' by Ms. Zeenat, Asst. Prof., S.D. College, Ambala Cantt on 05.02.18 & 09.02.18 for the students of B.Sc. (Medical and Biotechnology).
5) Lecture on Career opportunities by Dr. Rajni, Asso. Prof. and Dr. Gulshan, Asst. Prof., S.D. College on 19 – 20.02.18 for B.Sc III and on 23 & 24.02.18 for B. Sc II Non Medical .
6) Seminar on Aviation, Hospitality, Tour & Travel Industry by Ms. Pooja Karodia, Frankfin on14.09.17 for Arts & Commerce students.
7) Seminar on Banking, SSC and other related careers by Mr.Parth, IBS, Chandigarh on 15.09.17 for B.A & B.Com Students.
8) Seminar on “Liberal Studies” by Garima Shekhar, Ashoka University, Sonepat on 06.02.18 for final year students.
9) Motivational talk on “Opportunity to be a Topper” by Dr. Harish Sharma, Director, Centre for Psychometrics & Brain Intelligence, Chandigarh on 13.02.18.
1. “Soft Skill Development” by Mr. Narender Aggarwal from July 5-20,2017 for B.Voc Students (Software Development & Business Processing outsourcing).
2) Orientation & Personality Development Programme for all first year students from Aug 21-23,2017 “Interview Skills” by Vikas Sethi, Professional's Den on 19.09.17 for Commerce students.
3) “Effective Communication Skills” by Mr. Rajiv Markandey, Bulls Eye, Chandigarh on 06.10.17 for final year students.
4) “Stress Management” by Dr. Suman Kapila, Senior Scientist, Dept. of Biochemistry, NDRI, Karnal on 08.02.18 for administrative staff.
5) “How to Make Effective Power Point Presentations” by Mr. Pawan Mehta, Chitkara University, Chandigarh on 13.03.18
CGC Professional Training Programs
• Bank Coaching by Trainers from T.I.M.E. Institute from July- August,2017 & January- March 2018
for Students of Science and Commerce Stream.
• Coaching for UGC-NET Preparation by faculty members of college and Ms. Risha Kamal, Mr. Utkal
Verma from T.I.M.E. Institute on July- August, 2017 & January- March, 2018 for students of PG
• Soft Skills & Personality Development Programme by Mr. Parveen Sharma, Uniskills School of Skill
Development from August-October, 2017.
Dr. Alka Sharma (Convenor)
Dr. J.D. Chauhan (Co-convenor)
|Sr. No||Date||Event||Organized By||Guest/Resource Person (If any)||Topic||Organized at||Attended by|
|1.||Aug.2015||Personality Development Programme for students||CGC||Dr. Joy Sidhu
Dr. Meera Sharma
|Personality Development And Soft Skills||S.D College Campus||All CGC Students|
|2.||Aug.2015||Training Programme For final year students||CGC||Trainers from LEAP skill academy||Skill Devepopment for Employment in different sectors||S.D College Campus||Final Year Students|
|3.||Sep.2015||Personality Development Programme for Teachers||CGC||Dr. Joy Sidhu
Dr. Meera Sharma
|Personality Development and Soft Skills||S.D College Campus||Faculty members of the college|
|4.||Sep.2015||Personality Development Programme for Non-Teaching Staff||CGC||Dr. Joy Sidhu
Dr. Meera Sharma
|Personality Development And Soft Skills||S.D College Campus||Administrative staff of the college|
|5.||Sep.2015||Medical Representative Training||CGC||Trainers from FOCAL Skills||Medical Representative Training||S.D College Campus||Students of B.Sc (Medical)|
|6.||Sep.2015||Tally Training for commerce students||CGC||Trainers From MGM Education||Tally Training||S.D College Campus||Students of Commerce|
|7.||19-20 Oct.2015||Two Day workshop||CGC||Parveen Sharma from Amity University||Interview Skills||S.D College Campus||All CGC Students|
|8.||21.Oct.2015||Guest lecture||CGC||Sameer Aneja Regional Head ICICI bank||Career Opportunity in Banking||S.D College Campus||All CGC Students|
|9.||29-31 Dec.2015||A workshop of three days for students
Click here to download report
|CGC||Mr. Parveen Kumar Sharma||Placement Preparation
Click here to download report
|S.D College Campus||40 Students|