Once you have experienced excellence, you will never again be content with mediocrity.
—Thomas S. Monson
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment & accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposed that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. The Primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution. Consequently, in consonance with the guidelines issued by UGC and NAAC, the college established its IQAC on March 05, 2009.
- The IQAC is responsible for setting standards of academic excellence
- It encourages teachers to switch-over to an environment of ICT based Teaching-Learning Process
- It conducts Faculty Development Programs (FDPs) to enrich Human Resource
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Documentation of various programs/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acts as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
- Ensures adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
Accreditation by NAAC
The college was first accredited with NAAC in the year 2003 with B++ Grade. Thereafter, as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure, IQAC was established in 2009 and since then the entire process of accreditation is being spearheaded by the Cell. The Second Cycle of accreditation was carried out in the year 2011 and it is a matter of pride that we received grade ‘A’, the highest grade, with a CGPA of 3.48. The third cycle of accreditation is now due in the year 2016.
The Cell proposes to work proactively from the current session by restructuring various academic and administrative activities in accordance with ICT and MIS respectively.
Dr. Sushil Kansal